TRAIN THE TRAINERS
By beginning with the Trainers Package, agencies ensure frontline officers and trainers share a common language and basic understanding of the topics and skills. In addition to this, by learning the skills themselves, and better understanding their own physiology, trainers will be able to integrate this into their teaching moving forward.
- The science of stress physiology and its impact on police performance
- Concrete skills to regulate this interaction
- How mental and physical skills are learned
- Implications for teaching and learning
- Optimizing skill retention through learning science
- How to recognize degrees of acute stress in self and others
- How to optimize the interaction of stress and performance
- Complete scenarios, use biofeedback (heart rate and heart rate variability), learn to interpret biofeedback
- Apply learning theory points, practice recognizing signs of motor skill level, contextual interference, etc.